Sunday, September 16, 2007

Mini-Boards

So... I printed all my boards out small and put them on post-its... on a poster board and have just written descriptions under each of them--like you would a board. you know, like Action/Dialogue etc. Right... So, now i'm going to look over them and restart revising it. Christine said its a good way to see how the boards are working together and to see what can be cut, etc.

Also I want to revise the compositions to make them less flat. I've done some so far, but have lots more to revise. Its all good though... i feel like its getting there. like, everythings there. now just playing around with the shots to make them flow all nice into each other and to edit out shots that aren't really needed... and to make them look awesome and cool so places like Pixar will want to hire me.

I've been studying this storyboarding thing by Brad Bird and trying to digest as much of it as possible so all his awesome awesomeness will spew outta my finger tips when i re-compose my shots...

2 comments:

Brittany said...

ooh, can you send me a link to the brad bird storyboarding thingy? i love brad bird and anything he has to say, i wanna hear. ;)

Joanna Griebel said...

http://www.animationmeat.com/pdf/televisionanimation/brad_bird_on_comps.pdf