Saturday, September 22, 2007

Actors!

Wow... finding actors is exhausting. I've been listening to demos and scheduling audition for the past three days and I don't know where the time went. Blah. Anyway, there are two people I'm auditioning this week that I have high hopes for. One is for the role of the Dad and the other for Petra. The girl for Petra did a test reading from the script and sent it to me via email... she sounds like how I imagine Petra to sound and she can act. I just need to make sure she can pull off some of the more emotional scenes.

The guy reading for the dad sent me his voice-over reel and he's really really awesomely good... and diverse. He had a nice range of voices and all that good stuff. Hopefully he'll be a perfect fit for the dad character. We'll see though.

I'm having trouble getting voices for the teacher and camp director though... all the woman demo's i've been hearing just don't sound quite right... and the level of acting isn't all that impressive. but i'll keep searching, they're bound to be out there.

the other characters i'm not too worried about since they're minor characters. i'll still look for the best, but i'm most concerned about Petra, the Dad, Teacher, and Camp Director since they're parts have to have more range of emotion and are very vital to the film. Plus I have very specific ideas for those characters and have a right to be picky when I cast them.

So we'll see.

No comments: